What does gadgetbuddy.com cover me for?
A policy with gadgetbuddy.com can cover multiple gadgets; with 5 different devices (as a maximum) and as we always want to provide our customers with the best value insurance, at an affordable price; we provide additional discounts when you insure 2 or more gadgets. The more you insure, the more money you save, and we give you up to 15% discount when you insure the maximum 5 devices with gadgetbuddy.com.
How gadgets qualify for cover
The gadget must be less than 18 months old with valid proof of purchase and/or contract under which the gadget was supplied when the insurance starts. Gadgets purchased from online auctions are NOT eligible for cover. The gadgets must also not have been purchased as second hand devices, nor must they have been purchased outside of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man
What you're covered for
- Accidental Damage We will pay the costs of repairing Your Electronic Equipment as a result of Accidental Damage
- Theft (this section only applies if shown on Your policy) We will replace Your Electronic Equipment with a Replacement Item if it is stolen. Where only part or parts of Your Electronic Equipment have been stolen, We will only replace that part or parts.
- Loss (this section only applies if shown on Your policy) If You lose Your Electronic Equipment We will replace it with a Replacement Item.
- Breakdown If a Breakdown of Your Electronic Equipment occurs outside of the manufacturer’s guarantee or warranty period We will pay the repair costs
- Liquid Damage We will repair or provide a Replacement Item for Your Electronic Equipment if it is damaged as a result of accidentally coming into contact with any liquid.
- Unauthorised Calls, Texts or Data Use Where Your item of Electronic Equipment is a device where You are charged for Unauthorised Calls, Texts or Data Use and it is lost or stolen, We will refund the cost of any calls, texts or data used after the time it was lost or stolen to the time it was blacklisted by Your airtime provider.
- Malicious Damage Where Your item of Electronic Equipment is damaged through the intentional or deliberate actions of another party We will repair or replace it. Where only part or parts of Your Electronic Equipment have been damaged, We will only replace that part or parts.
There is an excess for all successful claims. This is the amount you must contribute towards the claim.
How long does it take to process a claim?
If the claim is due to Theft or Loss please allow 3 working days, from the date we receive claim form, for your Insurance Claim to be processed.
If your claim is due to Accidental Damage or Mechanical Breakdown cover please allow 5 to 7 working days for your claim to be processed, from the date we receive your notification.
These timelines are subject to receipt of the full information required to assess your claim.